HomeNewsLinksContactRegisterDownloadsForumsWiki

Go Back   RunUO Gaming Network > RunUO > Utility Support > Third Party Program Support
Welcome, max_k.
You last visited: Today at 01:11 AM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0.
User CP FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Quick Links Log Out

Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old Yesterday, 11:56 PM
max_k max_k is online now
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4
Default uoproxy - a proxy server for Ultima Online

Today, I've released version 0.1.2 of uoproxy, which I would like to share with you. This is copy'n'pasted from the README:

uoproxy is a proxy server designed for Ultima Online. It acts as an
Ultima Online server, and forwards the connection to a 'real' server.

Some of the interesting features:

- transparent auto-reconnect after a server or network failure (e.g. DSL disconnect, server maintenance); the UO client won't notice, macros keep running without user interaction
- backgrounding the connection, i.e. quit your client and the proxy will stay online, for macroing off kill counters
- multi-headed (playing a character with multiple clients)
- character change without logout
- traversing firewalls
- transparent proxying
- faking your client IP - install uoproxy on 10 different servers, and have 10 different IP addresses although all clients run on your local computer
- faking client version and hardware info
- hide multi client operation
- block spy packets
- circumventing a shard's login server (most freeshards are insecure!)
- easy exploit development (if you know C)

http://max.kellermann.name/projects/uoproxy/
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2  
Old Today, 01:02 AM
max_k max_k is online now
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanchen.net
So how does it feel to be most hated person in the community, Mr. SunUO?

You still fail to add any technical expertise to a discussion, instead you are trying to compensate your defect with personal insults. This post is no exception. Now let's keep the rest of this thread on-topic, ok?

(if you really feel like insulting me, please send me a personal email to max@duempel.org, to minimize forum pollution)

uoproxy is a project for experimentation with the UO protocol, just as PlayUO, EasyUO, Razor and many others. All of them allow players to do things which were not intended, sometimes even exploiting server bugs. uoproxy is not the cause of evil, the bugs are. A bug won't go away by ignoring it, only patching will help. By the way, I have never released a 0day-exploit, because my intention is not to harm anyone's server.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old Today, 01:15 AM
Seanchen.net Seanchen.net is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,237
Send a message via ICQ to Seanchen.net Send a message via AIM to Seanchen.net Send a message via MSN to Seanchen.net
Default

I have reported this thread to a moderator, up to them if its worth removing. Considering you were banned, and never actually unbanned, why your even here makes me wonder.

Quote:
You still fail to add any technical expertise to a discussion, instead you are trying to compensate your defect with personal insults. This post is no exception. Now let's keep the rest of this thread on-topic, ok?

Your the one who posted an exploit script, and yet you claim you never released a "0day-expolit" yet I know this to be false. I fail to add any techinical expertise to a discussion, perhaps because I have no techinical expertise to give, only cold hard facts.
__________________
Project Seanchen
Giga Spawner Website
My Blog
Giga Spawner Release Thread
Hephaestus' Forge
RunUO Source
I am hooked on linux, and you should be too.

Last edited by Seanchen.net : Today at 01:25 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old Today, 01:25 AM
BeneathTheStars BeneathTheStars is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: (South)Tip o' Texas Baby!
Posts: 265
Angry

Wow, i really hope this gets removed, this is shard devs. worst (alomst) nightmare..

Out of curiosity, and not intended for a flame-starting horn, but why did you release this? This can cause so many more headaches to a already headachy job of admins.. Just a question..
__________________
A.K.A. [Charon]

Stop the TCPA
COMPUTERS and INTERNET gave you FREEDOM. TCPA wants to TAKE that FREEDOM.
Dont let them take your rights!

Click here to help save your FREEDOM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old Today, 01:28 AM
Seanchen.net Seanchen.net is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,237
Send a message via ICQ to Seanchen.net Send a message via AIM to Seanchen.net Send a message via MSN to Seanchen.net
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeneathTheStars
Wow, i really hope this gets removed, this is shard devs. worst (alomst) nightmare..

Out of curiosity, and not intended for a flame-starting horn, but why did you release this? This can cause so many more headaches to a already headachy job of admins.. Just a question..

Because he releases known exploit scripts, that will crash any RunUO server, where the admin doesn't have the knowlege to fix the "exploitable" code? He doesn't really care that he release something that can be abused and is not even really possible to stop, considering proxies have been around almost since the dawn of the internet. What do you expect from somebody that works with the very person that decompiled RunUO and released a project based on that code?

Perhaps I am doing harm, talking about the bad thinks he has done, but I believe in telling the truth. Even if that truth could be used against people, the fact he even posted the code, makes him a bad person. Perhaps If I talk about how much of an a-hole he is, then people will prevent him or somebody from using it against them.

The fact he still has the exploit posted on his website, your welcome to look for yourself, I won't ever post a link to his project's website.
__________________
Project Seanchen
Giga Spawner Website
My Blog
Giga Spawner Release Thread
Hephaestus' Forge
RunUO Source
I am hooked on linux, and you should be too.

Last edited by Seanchen.net : Today at 01:30 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old Today, 01:34 AM
max_k max_k is online now
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeneathTheStars
this is shard devs. worst (alomst) nightmare..

Please explain how uoproxy is a shard dev's nightmare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanchen.net
Your the one who posted an exploit script, and yet you claim you never released a "0day-expolit" yet I know this to be false.

I once published exploit code for RunUO, that was one month after the bug was reported to the RunUO team. I believe this is a reasonable time to get a serious bug like this one fixed. That is not called "0day exploit" - I can hear the sound of "cold hard facts" melting away...

You better do proper research before posting false accusations.

Ah, damn, we're off-topic again.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Unread Today, 01:36 AM
Seanchen.net Seanchen.net is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,237
Send a message via ICQ to Seanchen.net Send a message via AIM to Seanchen.net Send a message via MSN to Seanchen.net
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_k
Please explain how uoproxy is a shard dev's nightmare.



I once published exploit code for RunUO, that was one month after the bug was reported to the RunUO team. I believe this is a reasonable time to get a serious bug like this one fixed. That is not called "0day exploit" - I can hear the sound of "cold hard facts" melting away...

You better do proper research before posting false accusations.

Ah, damn, we're off-topic again.

You posted an exploit period, who else in the entire 3 years RunUO since it was started, has somebody posted an exploit?

I know of nobody that has done this, except you. Perhaps it was enough time, but a new release has NOT been released. Why did you even posted an exploit in the first place, was it to prove something, besdies your somebody who can write exploit scripts?

The cold hard facts, are about other topics, perhaps not this exact discussion.
__________________
Project Seanchen
Giga Spawner Website
My Blog
Giga Spawner Release Thread
Hephaestus' Forge
RunUO Source
I am hooked on linux, and you should be too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Unread Today, 01:37 AM
max_k max_k is online now
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanchen.net
Because he releases known exploit scripts, that will crash any RunUO server, where the admin doesn't have the knowlege to fix the "exploitable" code?

Again, plain wrong. A fix for the bug was posted several weeks before my exploit code was released.

"cold hard facts" yeah ... now please, you're still off-topic.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options


Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.1
Copyright 2000 - 2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.